The college library was founded in Oct 1970 with a few donated books and the library is presently enriched with approximately 27,000 books, subscription of approximately 52 print journals, periodicals, magazines and 13 daily Newspapers (English and Hindi) to keep the readers updated with contemporary issues. Library has a separate reading room of about 250 seating capacity for students and faculty members.
The College Library is keeping pace with the latest trends of modern technology since 2013 and started its automation through TechLib7 Software. In 2020, Library successfully implemented Koha – open source integrated library system. Database of library holdings (Books, Journals, Periodicals and magazines) is available on OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) and can be located in the online catalog by Author, Title, Subject, ISBN, etc. Bar Code technology is used for circulation of documents. The College’s Web OPAC facilitates remote access to library services for users. The library provides access to e-resources of the N-List programme of INFLIBNET to all the faculty members and students of the college. College’s e-Library is a repository of open access journals and students can read from peer reviewed journals, ebooks, and thesis from world class publishers. Library has its own computer centre with 24*7 internet connections available for the students and teachers to access electronic resources. The College’s e-Library app (KLMDCW eLibrary) is available on Google Playstore and Apple store. The users with smartphones, can have access to a massive collection of over 500,000+ e-resources including:
Top, peer-reviewed e-Journals
- e-Books from world-class publishers
- 1000s of open access resources from the web
- Literature for leisure reading
- News Updates
- Expert Talks
….and a lot more.
The library is having following learning resources:-
Books – 27,000 (approx.)
Special Reports – 38
Print Journals – 24
E-journals – 13,700+
E-books – 1,91,450+
Magazines – 28
Newspapers – 13
CD ROMs (excluding Book CDs) – 22
The library remains open for its readers from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. on working days.
Eligibility to get membership of the library:
- The faculty members of various departments.
- All the currently enrolled students of the college.
- All the Non-Teaching staff of the college.
- Circulation (Issue/Return) Service
- Reference Service
- Internet & Access to e-resources
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) & Web OPAC
- Reading Facility
- Book Bank facility for needy students
- Newspaper Clipping service
- Printout facility
- Earn while you learn facility
GENERAL LIBRARY RULES
- Loss/mutilation of Bar Coded ID Card is to be reported immediately to the Librarian. Duplicate bar coded Identity Card will be issued on payment of Rs. 200/- per card within a month time from the date of report.
- Bar Coded Identity Cards are NOT TRANSFERABLE. As they are token of a privilege which only the member to whom they are issued are entitled to. The member however continues to be responsible for any loss which the library may suffer through the loss or misuse of her lost card.
- Use of Mobile Phone is prohibited in the library.
- Members are requested to maintain norms of discipline, keep library properly and furniture in good condition and maintain SILENCE and cleanliness.
- All issued books should be returned on the due date. A fine of Rs. 1/- per day per book will be charged from the students for late return of book. In case a student does not return the book even one week after the due date, the library facility may be withdrawn. If the damaged/lost book is part of multivolume set the whole set has to be replaced.
- Multi volume/Rare books – Encyclopedia and Dictionaries are kept in “REFERENCE SECTIONS” and stamped “NOT TO BE ISSUED”. These books are for reference only and strictly not to be issued.
- Issued books may be recalled by the library at any time.
- The loan period may be extended. If the book is not otherwise in demand.
- A member shall assume that the books lent to her in good condition before leaving the issue counter. She must ensure that the pages are intact. If the pages are missing, she must bring it to notice of the person on duty. Marking on the book is prohibited.
- Student will have to replace the damaged/torn books or to pay penal compensation if the book is not available in the market.
The library seeks Co-operation in the observance of the rules and trust that you will Co-operate fully.
ISSUE OF BOOKS
Time limit and maximum number of books to be issued-
|S.No.||Category||Max No. of books to be issued||Max period for which a book can be issued|
|1||Principal||5||For One Year|
|2||Teaching Staff (Category – I)||5||For One Semester|
|3||Teaching Staff (Category – II)||3||For One Semester|
|4||Non-Teaching Staff||2||For One Week|
|5||Students (PG)||4||For 15 days|
|6||Students (UG)||2||For 15 days|
|7||Book Bank||4||For One Semester|
|8||Univeristy Merit Holders||5||For One Semester|